Wendy Shuffle-Botham UDip CTBM
My family had our first dog when I was thirteen years old but dogs from crossbreeds to pedigrees have always played a huge part in my family and extended family and I have fond memories of them all.
I decided, after buying my first Chocolate Labrador, that I would enrol at a local dog training club. I enjoyed my new found hobby so much, that I decided to take the step to study dog training to help but most importantly educate people, with a better understanding of training and behaviour of the domestic dog, than what I had been given at my local club.
I truly love dogs and I also enjoy being with people, sharing laughter and sometimes tears but most of all, I love the connection that I see between a dog and its owner.
I have 30+ years of dog ownership experience and 20 years as a dog handler.
The courses, workshops and seminars that I have attended are too numerous to list but please do ask to see my portfolio.
Here are a few of my proudest achievements:
* University Diploma in Canine Training and Behavioural Management
* APDT UK Member, no 00760
* Professional Grade Member of PDTI
* PDTI Advanced Instructing Skills Certificate with Merit (84%)
* PDTI Senior Tutor on annual residential course and workshops
* PDTI Management Team and PDTI Conference Administrator
* ABTC Registered Practitioner
* RCDTBP Signatory to introduce regulation to the profession and to support the CAWC (Companion Animal Welfare Council) code.
* QIDTI Member working towards Accreditation.